Monday, November 3, 2008

El Salvador- First post



Hey Everybody!

Thank you so much for your prayers, and I apologize that it has been so long! Getting a computer down here to El Salvador was a little more difficult than I had first thought. It's been about two weeks now; the Lord is doing amazing things in this country. There have been communist rallies, presidential get-togethers, and a shortage of sunscreen (on my part at least). Thus, I sit here writing to you with a nice reddish-brown farmers tan.

I have had the pleasure of being able to serve here with the students from Potter's Field who had recently served at the Send the Message Conference; it was a week full of change and ministry. I decided to devote this first

photo album to those kids. Please join me in prayer for their individual walks with God as they return home after this “mountain-top experience,” as well as their ministries down the road.


This place is absolutely amazing, and the people have such a servant's heart. I have learned that I had no idea what it m

eans to serve and to work hard. When a man weighing about 140 lbs. picks up a bag weighing about 100 lbs. over his shoulder and walks a quarter of mile just for the sake of getting his job done, it changes the perspective of a middle-class gringo like me.

You guys, I HAVE to tell you something that has been such a blessing to me. Only a few of you have seen what's going on in La Angostura where our fellowship is building a church. Well, yesterday, I got to take part in a medical clinic for that entire area; it's a beautiful farming community full of precious people and

kids that will sit with you quietly just because they see that you love them. When I look at the place where this property is about to be built, I think of all those people that would flourish within its walls. There is a pastor that drives about an hour just to minister to the people.

Secondly, we have a chance to minister (in spite of some objections from anti-evangelicals) in a hospital in San Salvador. We deal mostly with children who are on dialysis and who desperately need a kidney. Most of them have parents who would easily give up a kidney in order to save their lives, but there are no (or very few) doctors who are able to do the surgery. Doctors also don't get paid much here at

all; a friend ofmine knows a Neurosurgeon here who barely makes enough to feed his family.


There is so much more. Please come down and visit in February, because you will be blessed, and you will be a blessing. Don't think that I won't get you any pictures of these and other ministries in time; I honestly want to be a good steward of the time I have to serve here.

Please pray for a city that we are going to minister in for the first time- Suchitoto.

We are praying that a similar work will happen there to what has happened in La Angostura. So far, God is opening many many doors.


God bless you all!


Email me with ANY questions! :-)

2 comments:

CCCS 4th Grade said...

We were so glad to hear from you.
We have been praying for you everyday at prayer time. If you have specific prayer requests for us to be praying about please let us know. It looks beautiful there.
Thanks for faithfully serving God.

Praying for you,
CCCS 4th grade

hannah pearl said...

brennan. reading this fills me with so much joy. sometimes being inside the walls of academia gets so frustrating and unfulfilling. reading a bit about your adventure and service is so encouraging. miss you.