Saturday, May 2, 2009

April: Evangelism Month


Hey everyone!

Spending the whole month of April inside the US with you all was really a blessing. It's wonderful to be home in El Salvador though. Throughout the month, however, I could tell that the Lord was really bringing something into the forefront of our minds that we sometimes forget about- Evangelism.

It was an awesome experience for me, because it was like I couldn't get away from that particular message! From street-witnessing on the Strip to the promo for the Exit Concert to the polygamy colonies in Utah and Arizona, God has really been motivating us as a ministry to come back to El Salvador with an even stronger message of God's love.

What a joy for me to be able to speak with the young people this time around! I spoke to the Kid City kids, and we got to do a lot of cool stuff. I had them pretending that I was someone who didn't know who Jesus was, so they could come up to me and tell me the Gospel message. They were all so precious, and they did a very good job. I also spoke with the Jr./ Sr. High groups which was so much fun! At one point, we all closed our eyes and pictured one person that we knew who wasn't saved; then we made a pact that that person would be the one that we started with in a new push for God's kingdom.

I also got the extreme privilege of going with a group of evangelists from our church to the polygamy colonies in Utah and Arizona; we would hang door-hangers and speak with anyone that was willing. It was an incredible sight to see! I never would have thought that there would be such an extremely different culture than ours right down the street! Many of them live in fear of "outsiders" (meaning people who do not practice polygamy) whom they consider to be pagans; however, we got some amazing opportunities to try to break down those walls for Christ. Imagine someone who has been told all their life that God, in general, hates them and that people "on the outside" of the colony hate them. Now, imagine one of those "outsiders" coming up to you and offering you a gift and saying, "Jesus loves you" and "God bless you". When our team would say these things to many people at the polygamy compound, you could really see the confusion in their eyes! We all hoped that they were thinking, "Do these people really hate us? It looks like they love us!" We're all praying that the love of Jesus will break the barriers that separate the polygamist, Mormon communities from Him!

I could go on for what would fill four blogs, but I should stop here to say that God is He who really is the Evangelist. It's what He's done and what He continues to do everyday that is salvation to sinners like us. As we search for motivation for carrying on in El Salvador, let us consider what Jesus did so willingly for us. That IS the greatest motivation ever!

Please keep El Salvador and the work that God is doing here in prayer! Thank you so much to those of you who support us in what we do through the finances that God has given you! I hope to see a lot of you out here in these next few months to share in the opportunity to see what the Lord is faithfully bringing to pass.

I love you all!

God bless,

Brennan

No comments: