Friday, May 29, 2009

Meet the New Kids!!!




Hello Everybody!

It seems so long since we've all spoken! I can't believe that it's only been a month because so much has been happening here in El Salvador! I pray that you guys are blessed and doing very well! I'm so excited to post another blog for you all!

The first thing that I have to tell you all about is the fact that we have EIGHT more boys added to the orphanage here which brings us to EIGHTEEN total! Through prayer and cooperation with the state orphanage programs, the Lord has blessed us with the chance to provide them with a Christian home and an environment in which they can flourish and grow into men of God. It would be my pleasure and great honor to introduce them to you one-by-one!

DIEGO


Diego is the cutest thing ever! Even though he seems a little perplexed in this photo, it's difficult to catch him without a huge smile on his face. I'll never forget the first time that I met Diego: I was walking towards the orphanage building, and he ran as fast as he could to where I was standing and gave me the biggest hug and ran away with a flash! Anyone who works with children can tell you that you can't train them to hug a 6'3" male stranger without some prompting. Diego just
has a naturally content and friendly spirit. Even on some days when I'm working with dust or paint and I have my shirt wrapped around my face, and I have huge goggles on, Diego will run up to me and say, "HOLA!" When I respond, and I ask him how he is doing, he replies, "Jien!" (instead of bien), and it's very precious! I'm so happy that Diego is in an environment where he can retain that wonderful personality! I know that God has amazing things in this young boy's future.

MARIO


Mario is the oldest new boy the Lord has blessed us with, and he's the brother of Franco- one of the boys who was already a part of our orphanage. When you look at Mario for the first time, you can just tell that he is a very compassionate boy who is trying his best to deal mentally, emotionally, and physically with his new environment. After spending some time with Mario, you begin to realize that he is old enough to have had some very extreme experiences in his life- many of which have been negative. You can just see the shock on his face when he sees that you love him even though you don't know him, and that compels him to be the very respectful young man that he is. He is already really trying hard to become more of a role model for his younger brother and the other kids of the house. I know that throughout the years, it will be a privilege to watch Mario grow naturally and spiritually. Please pray for God's amazing grace to sculpt this boy's life more and more into something that will be glorifying to Him.

KEVIN AND BAIRON

Again, I hope to get you guys some more impromptu pictures so that you can see the amazing smiles that these kids have! Kevin and his older brother, Bryan, are an amazing addition to what the Lord is doing here! They are the cutest pair, and they always follow their "Tia" ("aunt" in Spanish- the lady that takes care of them) around faithfully, doing all she asks of them. Little Kevin likes to tell me all about his "carro" which, in reality, is the big van in which they take the boys to school everyday. He loves to be held and kissed, and he is very ticklish! I spent half-an-hour one day just playing ball with him and spending time with him; it was awesome. Bairon will just beg to be picked up and tossed in the air, but when I'm about to toss him, he clings to me as hard as he can and says, "That scares me! That scares me!" So I just hold him for a while and let him loose. Imagine the fact that these two boys will never know the lives of many of the orphans in El Salvador. It always astounds me when I think that everyday they are getting nutritious meals, an awesome education, and spiritual guidance. There is no end to the things that God can do with these boys.
ALEXIS AND JOSUE ALBERTO



Alexis (on the left in the picture above) is a very shy, mild-mannered boy who has obviously been through very much in his short time here on earth. It takes persistence in order to get him past his shyness and into a mode of interaction, but once he is there, he is very kind and sweet. Once you get to know him, you find out that he secretly enjoys meeting new people very much; he'll just follow you around and ask you to introduce him over and over again to any visitor. I've been told that his favorite phrase to say whenever someone else makes a statement is, "Me too!" It's difficult for Alexis because he seems very different to the other kids, so please pray that the Lord would just make him a place among everyone else. Pray that the knowledge of the things of the Lord would grow steadily in his heart, and that he would find himself transformed by the knowledge the God loves him and who he is very much. It's so awesome that we can be confident that the Lord will complete the work that he has done in this young boy's heart.

When Josue Alberto joined us at the orphanage, I had never seen a kid so loving and eager for friendship! He would run up to me and want to be hugged and hold hands and talk all about what was going on around us. One time I was watching some of the boys playing soccer from the sidelines, and one of the boys purposefully just ran up to Josue Alberto and tripped him so that he fell on his face. The boy got up and apologized (rather halfheartedly) to Alberto, but Alberto replied, "No, that was obviously my fault; I was standing right in your way." With a smile, he went on about his business. I remember trying to pick my jaw up off the floor! Pray that the Lord will just strengthen that friendly attitude and that Jesus Christ would fulfill that desire for friendship in Alberto's life.

ALEJANDRITO AND WILLIAM



Alejandro and William are our newest boys, and we are really still getting to know them. All that I can see now, personally, is that they are in complete shock that they are in a place where so many people love them and are concerned about their well-being. They will just stare at you for a while, and once they are comfortable with you, they'll show you the toys that they are playing with and invite you to play along. I can't wait to learn more about their individual personalities! What a blessing to have them here where we can bless them with what the Lord has already blessed us so much with!

Please "Pray without ceasing" 1 Thess. 5:17

I would ask you to please pray for these young ones as if they were your own children. If you and I can do anything to radically impact the hearts and the lives of these children of God, it's to pray. The Lord in His awesome power is totally capable of using the lives of these children to impact that future of the nation of El Salvador for Him! It is so amazing to me that these young boys most likely have no idea of the fact that all of you who are reading this love them so much even though most haven't even met them face-to-face!

Support the Boys

If anyone is feeling the pull on their heart to help fund this amazing program, the orphanage is run and funded through Potter's Field Ranch Ministries.

You can find their website at:
http://pottersfieldranch.org

Thank you so much guys! Stay tuned for an update on the construction at La Angostura! I'm praying for you all, and thanks so much for praying for my ministry here! I have so many projects to tell you all about! Again, I say: stay tuned! God is doing some really awesome things here!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Brennan

No comments: