Monday, June 29, 2009

CC Spring Valley Summer Youth Team Status

Hello everybody!


God bless you all! This is Brennan, and I've had the awesome pleasure of having with me your Calvary Chapel Spring Valley youth team! I believe that most of you have heard that many of the kids on the team had experienced some sickness; thank you so much for your continued prayers and support for them!

Because of the confusion that various reports on the kids health might bring, we have decided to go directly to the source! The kids wanted to each write a letter to everyone- family, church, everyone. Please enjoy hearing their individual perspectives on this week- the difficulties and the ministries in which they took part.

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Friends and Family,


Most of our missionaries are becoming sick and taking many tests including a shot in the butt! "Holy snakes people are parking and dumping every hour!" But I'm one of the only ones who aren't thank God! But that doesn't stop me from preaching the Good News, but I sure am nervous about what's going on around me. I sure am going to miss the excitement around me, but it will be great to be home.


Spoken by,

Dominic

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Family,


Thank you for all your prayers. The Lord is definitely watching over us. We all are feeling better. It's been an honor to serve alongside of these precious young brothers and sisters. I'm impressed with their great attitude.


Mike I'm missing you, and can't wait to see you

Love,

Claudia

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Family & Friends,


I miss you guys so much. But I just want you to know that I am blessed that the Lord brought me to El Salvador. If you could see the boys here you would all fall in love with them. It will be hard to leave them. I'm fine and in good health. The team is doing better now. Keep us in prayer still. Hugs & Kisses to all. We'll see you guys soon and tell you guys everything the Lord has shown us through this trip.


Jesus Loves You & So do I,

Adelina aka "Mama Juan"


_____________________________________________________________________________________


You're all probably enjoying yourselves without me being there. That's ok though, because I'm enjoying my time with my team members. Here in El Salvador we were able to do some ministry work like worship and a skit at the Central church in El Salvador. Which was a blessing to them but more to us. Where were all staying is in San Martin at an orphanage. Its gorgeous. And we're always busy because there's 21 kids we can play with like wrestling, playing soccer, and doing crafts. Until most of us started having issues in the restrooms. Soccer became a problem and a lot harder to hold it in. But we're all doing a lot better now, even though we were never in any real harm because we're in God's hands.




Pray for us,

God bless you all,

Kaman

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Hey everyone


God is continually pouring out His grace over us as we experience the mission field. We are learning that God will provide for our needs continually! Its a blessing to see everyone's desire to serve as the Lord hears them. Please continue to pray for us. We love you and miss you all and can't wait to see everyone again!



Philippians 2:17

Zack





_____________________________________________________________________________________


Hi Everyone!


It's been such a blessing up here in El Salvador! Playing with the little kids is so much fun I can't get enough of it! I'm fortunately one of the blessed ones who didn't get sick :) God is truly amazing seeing the love of God in these little kids is so beautiful. Well its all good down here no worries!

God bless! I love you mommy & daddy!

Rachel

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Hi Everyone!


Although these last few days have been spent in sickness, God has been so faithful to us! If anything, we have been drawn together in unity and have praised the name of Jesus together. We have been reminded of God’s eternal goodness in our lives, especially when we praise and worship Him and receive a spiritual refreshment of our souls.

Personally, I am so blessed to see the love of Christ being exemplified through the people here at Potter’s Field Ranch. They have been so loving and considerate to us to us while we have been here. I have learned so much from them and am excited that I will continue to have the opportunity to work alongside them for the next 5 weeks. Overall, with all the ministries we have been able to serve in, we have been so blessed and are ready for more ministrative opportunities!

Continue to pray for our health, but most of all the joy of the Lord to radiate itself in our lives while we are here.



Love you all. Especially you, dad!

In Christ,

Milena

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Family & Friends,


First off thank you so much for your prayers! We are all doing much better. This experience has bonded our team together. We’ve learned to care for each other and by the grace of God we’ve been able to worship and praise Him in this storm. I have been blessed so much by Mrs. Katz and Violeta who have faithfully taken us to the hospital and loved on us. Brennan has also been such an encouragement. Despite the sickness, God has still been able to use us here.



I love you all.

In Him,

Annie

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Mom & Dad,


This trip so far has been an eye opener for me. Most of has been to the hospital which most Salvadorians aren’t able to do. I am doing a lot better than I was. Stomach just hurts right now. Even though Zack and Mrs. Katz have been also sick they have still helped us. Brennan, Momma Juan, Mike and Violeta “a person on staff”” has been helping us. The base is so pretty. For the most part the trip has been fun. I miss you guys.

See you in a few days.


Love,

Cody

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Everyone,


First off, it’s been a real blessing to be able to come to El Salvador to spread the good news of Jesus Christ. Even though I have been very sick and have had diarrhea since Easters. God is good, so now I’ll only have it ‘til Christmas! Just kidding (That’s a line from Nacho Libre). But seriously it’s been amazing the people here treat us like royalty and they seem to always put us before them. There is a lot we can learn from these El Salvadorians.

Mom, stop worrying I’m fine! I love you mom and dad, and everybody, Please continue to pray for us.


Love,

Blake

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear you,


Sometimes suffering for the Lord means diarrhea, headaches, diarrhea, throwing up, and more diarrhea, but God has taught us to praise Him always and is using us down here. The people down here are awesome and we are truly blessed to serve here. Please continue to pray for us and send us some In-N-Out if you can



Love you,

Jesse (José now)

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Family and Friends,


First off I want to thank everyone for praying for our team, but let me assure you we are all doing well and are in good hands. It has been a blessing to have Zack and Mike as our head leaders for the trip. This trip has been a lot of fun and I am so thankful God brought me here.


Love,

Corinna

PS: I miss you daddy!


_____________________________________________________________________________________


These guys have been such a blessing to us here! It's such a testimony that a group of young people would come, become sick, and still depend on the Lord for their recovery! I pray that this experience would be something that they would take throughout all of the difficult experiences in their lives!


While the original purpose for this trip was to do construction work in La Angostura, the Lord had other plans for them. Today, instead of La Angostura, the team got a chance to spend time with these boys here at the orphanage; who knows what the seed that they have sown will grow into! All that we can do is sow the seed, pray for water, and expect the Lord to grow it into a harvest. After seeing what the Lord has brought these kids through, I'm proud to call them workers in the Lord's missionary field!


Please continue to pray for the orphanage boys, the PFK program, the kids in the Hospital Bloom, and the construction in La Angostura...


God bless everyone!


Brennan

No comments: